Parent-Teacher Association (PTA)
The Somerset PTA is a parent-run, volunteer organization dedicated to enriching our children's school experience by providing special events, enrichment classes, teacher support and fundraising activities for Somerset students, teachers, and staff. A few of the initiatives sponsored by the Somerset PTA include:
- Fundraising and supporting literacy through an annual Read-a-Thon (in 2016 the PTA raised over $15,000 for Somerset!)
- Offering after-school enrichment programs through the Fusion Lab
- Coordinating the collection of General Mills Box Education Tops, Campbell’s Soup Labels, and aluminum pop tops--and redeeming them for funds for Somerset.
- Hosting an annual silent auction
- Creating and selling Somerset Spirit Wear
- Volunteering in the library, classrooms, at the Book Fair, during picture day, and more
It’s a proven fact that children learn and achieve more in school when families, educators, and the community work together to enhance education. Grades and test scores climb. Self-esteem grows. Schools improve. There’s a simple way for you to help our students succeed: Join the Somerset PTA!
PTA meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. on the days listed below in the Somerset IMC. Meetings are open to all Somerset parents and guardians. Free childcare is provided.